Read about our student of the month here!
1. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Monica. I am wife to Jay and mom to 3 adult children. I love to read, go to the movies with Jay, and help in any way I can at my church, Our Savior’s Church-Opelousas. And I get so excited when Jay and I hit a new milestone in our lessons!
2. What is your favorite hobby?
My music lessons and I exercise at CrossFit St. Landry.
3. What got you interested in music?
I have always loved listening to music. When I was much younger, I played the piano and clarinet. Both for very short periods of time. While researching violinists for my oldest daughter’s wedding, I became intrigued with watching and listening to them play. My husband had always wanted to take drum lessons, so one day I stopped in and signed us up!
4. What has been the biggest thing you've discovered since starting music lessons with us?
Music is hard work! But, I love when I realize that I have advanced as much as I have since I started a little over a year ago.
5. What is one of your life goals?
To be a strong, Christian example to those around me and to my children and future grandchildren.
6. Anything else you would like to mention?
I am so grateful to Emily for her patience and encouragement.
7. What would you tell a friend about the Music Academy of Acadiana?
Absolutely! I already have.
Make sure that you attend your lessons, show consistent practice and ask your teacher to
nominate you for a student of the month entry!