Read about our student of the month here!
Congrats to Jenna for being selected as the May 2021 student of the month! Check out her interview with us below!
1) Tell us about yourself!
I’m 11 years old, an only child and a 6th grader in gifted academics at Paul Breaux Middle.
2 What is your favorite hobby?
I love making music, writing songs, creating fun inventions and sewing.
3) What got you interested in music?
I went to J Wallace James Arts & Technology School from PreK through 5th grade and learned to play different instruments and sing.
4) What has been the biggest thing you've discovered since starting music lessons with us?
I’m a fast learner on the piano, really enjoy learning new songs and I am able to play music strictly by ear as well as reading music.
5) What is one of your life goals?
I want to work in the medical field and possibly become a surgeon.
6) Anything else you would like to mention?
My best friend also plays piano in the gifted program through school. I have two mini schnauzers, Buddy & Leo.
7) What would you tell a friend about the Music Academy of Acadiana?
It’s a great place to learn music and my piano teacher Ms Elle is amazing!!!!
Make sure that you attend your lessons, show consistent practice and ask your teacher to
nominate you for a student of the month entry!